Saturday, January 5, 2008

Whether the weather

So it may be winter outside, but it's spring at the shop. We're getting ready for the show on February 28th at the Fairfield Theatre Company (tickets are on sale now) and have been whipping up a lot of great things. My latest favorite is Velvet Underpass, a skirt I've been thinking about for a long, long time- bias cut cream organza with frosty sherbet colored velvet ribbons running in irregular diagonal lines, like and aerial view of a candy colored highway. And dresses. Dresses, dresses, dresses. Super feminine, not confining, in off beat color combos. Just did a great royal(don't be afraid),sapphire and periwinkle gown called Blues Explosion that I think will knock the socks off anyone within a 10 mile radius. And don't even get me started on all the green/blue combos I'm cooking. So despite the fact that I appear to have become a weather wuss-that is me shouting "Hurry up and get in the car because Mommy can't feel her hands to do your seat belts"every night when the girls and I leave work, it's nice to know there are some delicious things to look forward to.

No comments: