Friday, January 11, 2008

Dude, we are going to get soooo waisted....

We have been deep into fittings for spring, and it appears it's time for some crunches, my friends. As you may have noticed, in the general fashion zeitgeist, focus has shifted from low slung plumber butt to empire waistline and back to actual waistline. Now going by where many wear their pants, there is definitely some waistline confusion out there. Some people think their waistline is that grey(hopefully not actual) area where your thong comes out of your jeans when you bend down. Uh, no. Big no. Short crotch pants are a blight on the earth. I think I can speak for all of us when I say I have seen far too much unwanted backside in the last few years. Who's idea was this? Angry plumber's unions? But enough anger. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. So people, let me tell you- your waist-it's the smallest part of your torso when you look in the mirror. Case closed. And it's in heavy rotation this year. And this does not mean slap a belt on and hop out the door. "I think I'll just wear a belt with it." is a statement that fills me with fear almost as much as "I'm voting for Huckabee." Proportion is everything, and every body has different needs. I will not leave you high and dry, and I have lots of silhouettes going on, but the actual attenuated waistline is looking fresh, clean, and a welcome sign of spring. Or maybe I just want to choose who's bum I see. I wonder if Daniel Craig needs any trousers....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! I'm thrilled that my butt will no longer look as though it's begging for loose change! All this time I was lead to believe that I was horribly disfigured...destined to travel this life with an oversized torso... when in fact it's been yet another fashion practical joke reminicent of the UGG boot debacle!!! Ugh! I'm sure Vivienne Westwood is giggling her knickers off!! Thanks Jen, for giving me my waist back!!! Life is good again!