Saturday, January 31, 2009

When Things Go Right

A beautiful woman left with a beautiful coat today, for $200, which I think was in the end less than it cost to make it, even though I made it, and am writing off the labor. But I am not hung up on this as "ART", I only know it's better not sitting on the rack, but on some one's back. She had red hair, a Copper Topper coat, a cold day, and she loved it. A perfect moment. And she, like a lot of women who come in, have a "You're my favorite pusher" tude, but since every one's veins not only remain clean, but minimized by the right red tones, it's a win/win deal. I sent a lot of things out the door today to make room for the new spring pieces, but I also was wearing a 2 year old sweater of mine and 19 month old pants. I know these things will be in people's lives along time, loved worn, and making new friends when the pieces from next season move into the closet with them. But come on down soon, because I'm running out of stuff....

1 comment:

Redblues said...

You're also my favorite cheerleader!