Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm gonna knock your jeans off

That's right. Clear out of the park. I have been workin' with a capital K. wor-Kin. And do I have skirts for you. A-line, easy, slim, tight as a drum. A drum with a lycra bounce beat, that is. High-waisted,flatteringly low slung (not an oxymoron, I swear) lots of great throw it on and go, but look fabulous skirts. I just got goose bumps over one yesterday- a deep green Donegal tweed with this huge silver buckle I came across in the city. Except calling it a buckle is like calling the Guggenheim out building. This is sculpture people. And then this fringed tweed piece pulls through low on the hip-excuse me, I..I... I'm getting weepy. I had been hoarding this giant hunk of gleaming silver, waiting for the right fabric to come along, and make it whole. I found it, but then it appeared it had sold out while I made my decision. But yesterday I got the call it had been unearthed in the warehouse. And at 12:47 last night, or rather this morning,I pulled that tweed through, and had an epiphany. Did you hear the clap of thunder?

1 comment:

Shawna said...

OOOH OOOH! Can I wear it??? Please?