Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring Clean-Up

I'm thinking of putting one of those lawn care signs in the store window. You know, the kid you see in the yards of pick-up truck running, leaf hauling manly-men. Except it applies to your closet. Because no one has time to fuss and fumble-when it's time to hit the pavement, the nightlife, the train to work, we are all almost always running late. I see it in myself, and I see it in my clients. So make it easy on yourself, and make great choices-clean lines, amazing fabrics, great silhouettes, and lighten it all up. No flowy, floppy, hippy crap-clean it all up, make it right, make it look like it can handle the mess the world is right now. Fitted, but easy to move in, fluid, but precise. A great hit of beading on a fun chemise that goes day to night. The surprise hit of cornflower blue and navy twisting together in a one shoulder silk cocktail dress that begs for a spin on the dance floor. The crisp line of a sheath with a cool square cut armhole, that will make a deal, and then buy he drinks. Do it clean, you know what I mean?

1 comment:

No more overdraft fees said...

I pass your store as I commute from work every day as I take the bus. I have been meaning to come by your store and check it out since it mentions that you also Tailor? I have been looking for a tailor who can help me since I was 15(I'm 25 now)! I am petite but have regular size shoulders and torso, so everything that I have ever bought has been tailored. I do not want to waste you time so I thought I would comment on your blog to see if you are a Tailor. The other thing is that I am on an only dresses and skirts idea for ths summer and wanted to know if you dabble in simple summer dresses. I am willing to purchase all the material but would need an idea of cost(recent young professional :/..bottom of the food chain lol )I hope to hear from you!